The Word of God Holistic Wellness Institute

"Helping The World DISCOVER THE WAY of LOVE!"

Daytona 500- Brian Vickers' much anticipated return to NASCAR's Daytona 500 2016 Sprint Cup Series racing lasted 23 laps into Saturday night's Sprint Unlimited exhibition and concluded with a massively wrecked car. But the popular driver -- who missed all but two races last year while dealing with a recurrence of blood clot issues -- still emerged from Daytona International Speedway's infield care center smiling and encouraged, and perhaps a little sore from the heavy contact.

It was Vickers' first time Daytona 500 filling in for injured driver/owner Tony Stewart, who broke his L1 vertebra in an all-terrain vehicle accident two weeks ago. Vickers is set to drive Stewart's No. 14 Mobil 1 Chevrolet during Daytona Speed weeks, which includes qualifying for the Daytona 500 Sunday, the Can-Am Duels on Thursday and the race next Sunday, Feb. 21.Vickers' car cut a tire while racing in heavy traffic. At least seven cars were caught up in the ensuing accident. But despite the disappointment in an early exit -- he finished 24th in the 25-car field -- Vickers said he enjoyed the taste of Cup competition and feels better about what to expect come Thursday's Can-Am Duels, which set the Daytona 500 starting field.I had a little contact," Vickers said, smiling. "But it's the Sprint Unlimited and that's what it's all about. The 18 (Kyle Busch) and I got together a little bit early, had a little (tire) rub but it went away right away. The 2 (Brad Keselowski) and I had a little rub on the front-stretch.

The late timing has meant some serious catch-up work. Not only is Vickers driving a different car with a team's brand new crew chief (Mike Bugarewicz), but he's also refining some of the basics of competition he’s missed in the last year.We learned a lot," Vickers said. "It's the first time back and we worked on the spotter-driver relationship, talked about what we want and what we need. Unfortunately we didn't get to pit road, that was the part I was most disappointed in, I needed to make sure I hit the marks. But we've got plenty of time, the Duels, practice and then the Daytona 500.

Views: 11

Reply to This

May God Bless & Prosper You!

Peace, The Comforter, The Holy Spirit & The Spirit of Truth!

LOVING TO LEARN ASSOCIATION
"Holistic Wellness and Health"
Health, Education, and  Social Service: Crisis Intervention/Life Empowerment (323) 73-LIGHT
Appointments (323) 402-0422
Loving to Learn Online Store
Loving to Learn Online Store
"Over 300 Low Priced, Quality Products"

Your Holistic Wellness: Spirit, Body and Mind

Unity... Committed to God and You!

TIME IS RUNNING OUT!

© 2024   Created by Drs Joshua and Sherilyn Smith.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service